Sunday, 3 June 2012

Potterthon! HarryPotter and the Order of the Pheonix

Hi everyone!

Sorry for falling behind on posting, the weekend ended up being really busy for me and I don't think I had my computer on for more than five minutes! Don't you just hate when real life catches up with you? ;)

Anyway, here are my nails for Order of the Pheonix! There is a lot of great scenes in this book, but in the end I decided to go with the one scene that stuck with me the most. So sudden I almost didn't register what had happened the first time I read it.. Sirius falls through the veil. I always find the scene a bit rough on me! My favourite character dying in such a sudden way with pretty much no closure.



For ages I insisted that he wasn't really dead and he would re-appear again, much like Harry feels in the books.

But he doesn't! :(

Its a turning point for the character of Harry, as he gains then looses his parental figure/older brother figure.

My manicure mostly shows the veil, with Sirius's hand as he falls backward and through while fighting Bellatrix.
On the thumb, I painted the Prophecy, which Harry hears in the Hall of Prophecy at the Ministry.

I did like the OotP book, though I haven't read it in a while and I'm pretty sure, this book is the one where Harry just WHINES a lot, and that really did start to drive me crazy!


Anyway, once again sorry for the lateness of my posts, the next book will be up in a few hours!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies who participated!


Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment