Sunday, 20 May 2012

Steampunk Nail Art

Hi everyone,

I'm catching up on blogging!

Here's another nail art I did recently for a challenge in a nail polish group I am part of on Facebook.

The theme was steampunk.
As my nails are still quite short I didn't want to go too full on.

For those that aren't aware what Steampunk is I suggest you look it up, but part of what it's all about is the idea of a future where steam remained the primary means of generating power. Colours generally associated with it are golds, brass, coppers, green and brown. Steampunk also incorporates a lot of clockwork elements, like cogs.

For my mani I decided to go for a design using cogs.

I used a base of China Glaze Agro for these nails, a beautiful shimmery olive green. For the cogs I used China Glaze 2030 (gold) and Mode Midas Touch (copper). I painted them using a fine tipped paint brush.

Agro is two coats and the cogs are also two coats.

For my accent nails I used China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-Y and painted both a key and a lock in CG 2030. I also painted a cost of Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black on the accent nails but it was only visible in some lights :).

What do you think? Would you try a steampunk manicure?

Have you heard of the genre? Are you a fan?

Sam

2 comments:

  1. wow Sam, way to step it up!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours look sooo pretty together

    ReplyDelete