Wednesday, 11 April 2012

All the polka dots!

Hi everyone!

Life has been crazy for me recently as I have been moving out of home and into a rental with my boyfriend. It's been very busy but we are starting to get settled, I'm extremely happy!

I've done a few alright manis recently but this one is one of my faves.

Done for the PAA Monday Challenge, it's Polka Dots!

I decided to use paler colours for the base and darker for the spots.

I used the following polishes:

Pinkie: China Glaze Lemon Fizz & China Glaze Custom Kicks
Ring: China Glaze Aquadelic & OPI A Roll in the Hague
Middle: Australis Peek a Boo & OPI Who The Shrek Are You?
Index: Picture Polish Citrus & Mode Say Cheese
Thumb: China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint & OPI Funky Dunkey

Whoa, lots of polishes!
 

All the bases were opaque in 2 coats except Citrus which required 3.

I used a dotting tool for the dots, but I still need more practice on that.
And finally a coat of clear (Australis brand) and a coat of Seche Vite.

Overall I really like this mani, it's fun. However I'm sad that my nails all broke while moving and my thumb got cut by a cooking knife and it sliced my nail super short too :( which you can see in the picture.


Until next time,

Sam

2 comments: